Pest control (Rim Fire Rifle): Safety, Theory and Practice – Level 2
- Title: Pest control (Rim Fire Rifle): Safety, Theory and Practice – Level 2
- Product Code: FIAR01X
- Type: Training Course
- Duration: 2 Days
When controlling pests with a firearm, it is not only essential that the rifle is used safely and responsibly, but also important that you are aware of all of safety rules and regulations that accompany the use of them, and that you have an awareness of wildlife management.
Our Level 2 Pest Control (Rim Fire Rifle): Safety, Theory and Practice integrated and training course will equip you with the skills, knowledge and understanding that you need in order to use the rim fire rifle confidently and most importantly safely, but will also provide you with an understanding of relevant legislation and codes of practice relating to the control of pests.
Who is it for?
Our two day Level 2 course in Pest Control (Rim Fire Rifle): Safety, Theory and Practice is available to you if you have some awareness of firearms and experience of wildlife management. You will also have interest in shoot management, pest control and farming.
What will you get from it?
- Achieve a practical foundation for safe working practice related to sporting rifle use.
- Understand legislation relating to the ownership and use of a sporting rifle.
- Identify major parts of a rifle and telescopic sight, appreciate practical ballistics and carry out routine maintenance.
- Understand current legislation and relevant codes of practice relating to pest control.
- Understand the basic ecology of pest species.
- Appreciate the effective planning and application of pest control measures.
- Appreciate the basic principles of managing and sustaining accurate shots.
- Select and use appropriate vehicles as shooting platforms.
- Understand basic principles of health and safety planning and risk assessment.
- Appreciate procedures for recording control activity.
- Practice appropriate land assessment techniques consistent with sporting rifle use.
- Show proficiency in night time shot assessment and live firing range skills.
- Rifle: safe handling and use (sporting rim fire)
- Firearms legislation (sporting rifle)
- Set up, ballistics and maintenance (sporting rim fire)
- Legislation (pest control)
- Pest control – species ecology
- Pest control – planning and application
- Principles of marksmanship (rim fire rifle)
- Use of vehicles
- Health and safety planning – applied risk assessment
- Activity records and recording procedures
- Assessing land for rifle use
- Night shooting assessment
- Practical range assessment
- The benefits of shooting sports
For Further information, availability and pricing please contact us.