Firearms Use and Preliminary Safety (Rifle) – Level 1
- Title: Firearms Use and Preliminary Safety (Rifle) – Level 1
- Product Code: FIAR06X
- Type: Training Course
- Duration: 1 Not Specified
Rifles are classed as firearms, and can be used recreationally or within a work based role. It is essential that they are used safely and responsibly, and it is important that you are aware of all of safety rules and regulations that accompany the use of them.
Our Level 1 Firearms Use and Preliminary Safety (Rifle) course will equip you with the skills, knowledge and understanding so that you can use the rifle confidently and most importantly safely.
Who is it for?
Our one day Level 1 course in Firearms Use and Preliminary Safety (Rifle) is available to you if you have little or no previous knowledge of using a rifle. Once you have completed this course you may progress to sporting small-bore rifle use either recreationally or linked to a basic work role requirement.
What will you get from it?
- Introduce the function of modern rifles.
- Introduce the function of a modern rifle cartridge.
- Understand current legislation appropriate to rifle use.
- Introduce appropriate rifle cleaning and routine maintenance procedures.
- Appreciate health and safety considerations relating to rifle use.
- Demonstrate safe handling of a rifle and its use.
- Provide guidance on storing and transporting rifles.
- Encourage a wider appreciation of the role shooting sports play in the rural economy.
- The sporting rifle
- The rifle cartridge
- Legislation and the use of firearms – rifles
- Page 1 of 2 Cleaning and maintenance
- Basic health and safety and rifle use
- Rifle – safe handling and use (practical)
- The storage and transportation of rifles
- The benefits of shooting sports For Further information, availability and pricing please contact us.