Woodchippers – Refresher
Woodchippers are powerful pieces of equipment and if they are not used correctly they have the potential to cause injury, this makes having training essential.
Our Woodchippers refresher training course is for you if you have experience in this area of work, and we will provide you with the appropriate techniques and safety guidelines to ensure that you maintain confidence when using the woodchipper and that you are aware of the relevant health and safety guidelines making sure you stay protected.
Once you have successfully carried out this course you will receive a certificate of training in Woodchippers.
Who is it for?
Our assessment and refresher or conversion course is for anyone with experience of using a Woodchipper, in either the arboriculture, forestry, horticulture, landscaping or grounds maintenance industries, and will provide you with the opportunity to practice and update your skills, and gain certification.
What will you get from it?
- Produce a site specific risk assessment for wood chipping operations.
- State the principles of HSE legislation and safety guidelines for using a woodchipper.
- Select the appropriate PPE and state the maintenance requirements.
- Carry out operator checks and identify the safety features of a woodchipper.
- Carry out routine operator maintenance.
- Inspect and identify defects on the blades.
- Prepare machine prior to operation, start the machine, carry out safety checks and stop machine.
- Prepare a work area and a range of materials for chipping and identify hazardous materials not to be chipped.
- Use approved techniques to chip woody brash and both short and long sections of timber safely and effectively.
- State the procedure for removing blockages.
- State the safety and environmental factors associated with the disposal of woodchips and the various end uses of woodchips.
- Prepare machine for transport and storage.
- Risk assessment and emergency procedures
- Health and safety guidelines and legislation
- Personal protective equipment
- Pre-use checks and machine features
- Routine checks and maintenance
- Cutting mechanism
- Start the machine and carry out safety checks
- Prepare work area and range of materials and identify hazardous materials not to be chipped
- Operation of woodchipper
- Unblocking chipper
- End-uses of woodchips and hazards from woodchips
- Cleaning, transport and storage
For further information, availability and pricing please contact us.