4×4 Off Road Driving (Experienced)
Driving a 4×4 vehicle off road requires ability and skill, especially if driving off road is part of your everyday working life. Our training course will provide you with experienced instructors who will guide and advise you throughout the course ensuring that the key fundamentals of 4×4 vehicle driving are covered. Once the course has been completed and passed you will gain a certificate of training in professional 4×4 off road driving.
Who is it for?
This course is for the off road enthusiast driver who operates 4×4 vehicles, and who wants to gain recognised certification for it. As long as you hold a current driving licence and are able to demonstrate that you are a competent driver, then this professional 4×4 off road driving course is for you.
What will you get from it?
- Comply with legal requirements emphasising safe practice.
- Identify risks associated with using a 4×4 vehicle off road.
- Select and use appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Understand the main causes of accidents.
- Identify the controls and components of the vehicle.
- Perform pre-start checks.
- Prepare the vehicle for use off road.
- Assess the suitability of the ground/route.
- Identify and report faults.
- Perform a failed hill climb.
- Drive over a variety of terrain (appropriate to the vehicle type)
- Perform an on-site risk assessment.
- Identify the loading/towing capacities.
- Understand legal and practical requirements for off road driving
- Identify the dangers of vehicle self recovery.
- Health and Safety
- Four wheel drive vehicles
- Vehicle preparation
- Basic driving techniques
- Vehicle recovery
For further information, availability and pricing please contact us.