Lantra Awards ITA – Basic Felling Techniques (up to 200mm diameter)
Felling trees and using a chainsaw can be dangerous; therefore it is essential when carrying out this activity that you have total confidence and expertise in what you are doing, so avoiding any accidents.
Our Chainsaw Basic Felling Techniques (up to 200mm diameter) training course will provide you with the appropriate techniques and safety guidelines to ensure that you continue to be confident when using a chainsaw and felling trees and that you are aware of the current health and safety guidelines making sure you stay protected.
Our training is delivered by experienced instructors to small groups, this way you receive plenty of individual attention. The course is also supplemented with high-quality course materials, and we work closely with the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) to ensure that our materials reflect current safe working practices.
Who is it for?
People who work in:
- Woodland industries
- Local Authorities
- Land-based industries
Note Due to the nature of the training a minimum level of fitness is required for specific operations. Whilst we would not want to disadvantage any learner it is an essential requirement.
What will you get from it?
The expected learning outcomes are that you will be able to:
- Understand risk assessment procedures
- Assess trees to be felled for hazards and associated risks
- Prepare trees to be felled and escape routes
- Fell trees which have a diameter up to 200mm/8” safely and accurately using different techniques
- De-limb felled trees in a safe and effective manner
- Select and use hand tools and maintain them in a safe condition
- Take down hung-up trees using hand tools
- State techniques that must not be used for the takedown of hung-up trees.
- HSE legislation and safety guidelines
- Felling techniques
- Branch removal – snedding and de-limbing
- Taking down hung-up trees using hand tools
- Clearing site and chainsaw checks
This course is a Lantra Awards ‘Integrated Training and Assessment or ITA’ course which means that during your training course you will be assessed by the Instructor following ample time to practice the skills you have learned. There is no separate or independent assessment to undergo in order to gain the qualification.
For further information, availability and pricing please contact us.