Trimmers – Grass Cutting – Experienced Operator
Grass trimmers are an effective mobile hand held piece of equipment allowing you the ability to get to the normally difficult to reach areas on a standard mower. Due to the mobility of the trimmer it is important that it’s used correctly and adequate training has taken place to ensure that accidents do not happen.
Our Trimmers – Grasscutting integrated training and assessment course has experienced instructors who will make sure that you use the trimmer safely and with confidence, and that you understand the relevant regulations and safety requirements.
Once you have successfully carried out this course you will receive a certificate of training for Trimmers – Grasscutting.
Who is it for?
Our one day training course in Trimmers – Grasscutting is available to you if you are a more experienced operator, and will provide you with the opportunity to update and practice your skills and gain certification. This course is physical so you must be fit and able to carry out the tasks required in the course programme.
Our course is suited to people who work in:
- grounds maintenance
Note: Some employers may require learners attending this course to be independently assessed through City and Guilds NPTC.
What will you get from it?
- Produce a site-specific risk assessment for trimmer operations
- Identify the personal protective equipment required
- Recognise the health and safety features that are compulsory for all trimmers
- Identify defects on a trimmer or cutting equipment and decide which the operator can remedy and which require a service engineer’s attention
- Correctly carry out all routine maintenance in accordance with the machine manufacturer’s handbook and/or the workbook
- Prepare the trimmer for use with the correct fuel/oil mix
- Start the trimmer from both hot and cold in a safe manner
- Carry out pre-cutting checks
- State the possible hazards and risks of carrying out maintenance or operational tasks
- Maintain the trimmer and cutting heads in a safe and efficient working condition
- Adjust the trimmer for safe and comfortable operation
- Select the correct cutting head for different operating conditions
- Operate the trimmer in a safe manner with regard for the safety of the public, for property and for environmental factors
- Organise the site and use a systematic method of working.
- HSE legislation and safety guidelines
- Personal protective equipment
- Health and safety features of a trimmer
- Power unit maintenance
- Driveshaft, gear and cutting head
- Harness adjustment and fuel
- Starting the trimmer and precutting tests
- Precautions for site preparation and trimmer operations
- Trimmer operation
- Clearing the site and trimmer checks
For further information, availability and pricing please contact us.