Fell and Process Trees over 380mm
Felling trees can be a dangerous task. That is why it’s important to make sure you have the confidence, knowledge and skills needed to do it safely.
Our course in Felling and Processing Trees over 380mm will provide you with the techniques and safety information you need to ensure that you are not only confident but safe when felling trees over 380mm.
Our training is delivered by experienced instructors to small groups, this way you receive plenty of individual attention. This course is also supplemented with high-quality course materials, and we work closely with the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) to ensure that our training reflects current safe working practices.
If you’re looking to get a Licence to Practice, or are an occasional user who would like to obtain a regulated qualification, you can proceed to Level 3 Award in Felling and Processing Trees over 380mm.
Who is it for?
Those who work in the following industries will find this training particularly helpful:
- Woodland industries
- Local Authorities
- Land-based industries.
Please Note: Due to the nature of the training a minimum level of fitness is required for specific operations. Whilst we would not want to disadvantage any learner it is an essential requirement.
What will you get from it?
Once you have completed this course, you will be able to:
- Identify hazards and risks, and produce a risk assessment for the site
- Agree appropriate emergency plans/procedures for the worksite
- Organise site safety in compliance with current good practice and relevant health and safety legislation and state the procedures required
- Assess the trees to be felled for hazards and risks
- Assess the work site for environmental impact
- Fell trees over 380mm/15”
- Assess a leaning tree and the safest method of felling
- Make accurate felling cuts in the correct positions
- De-limb felled trees in a safe and methodical manner
- Cross-cut timber accurately to required lengths
- Assess and explain the terms tension and compression in timber
- Adopt safe procedures to remove a trapped guide bar
- Handle and stack timber in a safe manner
- Assess a hung-up tree and the safest method of takedown
- Select and prepare equipment required for safe and effective takedown
- Check on the safety of takedown tools
- Make accurate severing cuts in the correct positions
- Select and use hand tools safely
- Take down hung-up trees to a safe and stable position
- State techniques which must not be used for the takedown of hung-up trees.
- HSE legislation and safety guidelines
- Additional felling techniques
- Snedding and de-limbing
- Cross-cutting felled timber
- Taking down hung-up trees
- Stump treatment, clearing site and chainsaw checks
For further information, availability and pricing please contact us.
Great – Knowledge and Man Management.–A Richardson – Lantra Awards Fell & Process Trees Over 380mm Course
Instructor very patient and excellent one on one, gave me confidence to complete cuts. –L Higgins – Lantra Awards Fell & Process Trees Over 380mm Course
Excellent Instructor. Very knowledgeable and patient with candidates.–D Crabtree – Lantra Awards Fell & Process Trees Over 380mm Course
Excellent instructor.–K Jollands – Lantra Awards Fell & Process Trees Over 380mm Course