4×4 Off Road Driving
Who is it for?
This course is for the off road enthusiast driver who operates 4×4 vehicles, and who wants to gain recognised certification for it. As long as you hold a current driving licence and are able to demonstrate that you are a competent driver, then this professional 4×4 off road driving course is for you.
What will you get from it?
- Comply with legal requirements emphasising safe practice.
- Identify risks associated with using a 4×4 vehicle off road.
- Select and use appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Understand the main causes of accidents.
- Identify the controls and components of the vehicle.
- Perform pre-start checks.
- Prepare the vehicle for use off road.
- Assess the suitability of the ground/route.
- Identify and report faults.
- Perform a failed hill climb.
- Drive over a variety of terrain (appropriate to the vehicle type)
- Perform an on-site risk assessment.
- Identify the loading/towing capacities.
- Understand legal and practical requirements for off road driving
- Identify the dangers of vehicle self recovery.
- Health and Safety
- Four wheel drive vehicles
- Vehicle preparation
- Basic driving techniques
- Vehicle recovery
For further information, availability and pricing please contact us.